Drug & alcohol testing services leader adds Intelligent Fingerprinting drug test to its portfolio
- Screen4 targets sales across key international aviation, petrochemical, education, law enforcement and military sectors
Screen4 LLP, an established provider of drug and alcohol testing services to the aviation, petrochemical, education, police and military sectors, has been appointed as a distributor for the revolutionary Intelligent Fingerprinting Drug Screening System. Screen4 operates across the globe, with established customers in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australasia and Africa.
The Intelligent Fingerprinting Drug Screening System offers an easy to use, non-invasive method of drug screening that works by analyzing sweat from a fingerprint to determine if an individual has recently used cocaine, opiates, amphetamines or cannabis. Sample collection takes only five seconds, with simultaneous screening results for all four drug groups provided in just ten minutes. The system is currently available for forensic use only in the US.
“We’ve been closely following the development and roll-out of Intelligent Fingerprinting technology, and we were keen to offer fingerprint testing to our international customers as soon as it became commercially available,” commented David Grouse, Screen4’s Managing Director. “Screen4 provides a full range of drug testing options to our clients – including urine, hair and oral fluid testing – and we see fingerprint-based drug testing as a valuable addition to our testing portfolio. Initial market feedback has been very positive, and there’s real excitement about the advances that the Intelligent Fingerprinting approach can bring – particularly around its ease-of-use and non-invasive nature.”
Screen4 is targeting the Intelligent Fingerprinting drug test at customers across a range of markets, including:
- Aviation – providing support at airport hubs across the world offering both random and with cause testing along with pre-employment screening. Screen4 has a strong established presence in this sector
- Petrochemical sectors – random and with cause testing, with remote locations targeted as a strong opportunity for the portable fingerprint test
- Education – addressing the need for better vigilance in the higher and further education sectors worldwide. Screen4 already has key clients in this sector across the Middle East and Asia
- Police and Civil Authorities – for the prison services as well as rehabilitation monitoring and screening. Supporting both local and national government testing programmes
- Military – targeting all sectors (army, navy, air force), for both random and with cause drug testing solutions
- Coroner Service – assisting with toxicology tests with Intelligent Fingerprinting to provide a non-invasive Drug Screening System that provides a fast and convenient way for coroners to screen for recent drug use as soon as a body arrives at the mortuary
Jerry Walker, CEO of Intelligent Fingerprinting added: “our fingerprint-based drug test is a great fit for the aviation, petrochemical, education, law enforcement and military sectors, and we look forward to working closely with Screen4 and taking advantage of their established international presence to support the rollout of our technology across the target markets.”
Fingerprint-based employee drug testing – how it works
Intelligent Fingerprinting’s end-to-end drug testing solution features a single-use, tamper-evident drug screening cartridge that takes just five seconds to collect a sweat sample. The Intelligent Fingerprinting portable analysis unit then reads the cartridge and provides a positive or negative result on-screen for cocaine, opiates, cannabis and amphetamines in ten minutes.
An introductory video demonstrating fingerprint-based drug testing in action is available here.
For media information contact Cheryl Billson at Comma
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)7791 720460
Based in the UK with operations in the United Arab Emirates (Dubai), China (Hong Kong), Bahrain and Australia, we currently provide Drug and Alcohol testing solutions to global organizations within the Aviation, Maritime, Petrochemical, Transport, Workplace, Manufacturing and Security industries. We provide the most comprehensive Random and With Cause Drug and Alcohol testing services across all market sectors. In addition, we have access to a unique range of technologies that we can utilize to provide a robust and reliable approach to your drug and alcohol testing requirements.
Introducing an effective Drug and Alcohol policy into any workplace allows employers to conduct workplace drug and alcohol testing when required, we appreciate this can be a simple or complex process. We work closely with you to ensure that the implementation of policies is appropriate and robust. Our experience and range of testing options enable us to provide you with a comprehensive range of testing services and program management to compliment your Drug and Alcohol policies and enhance your operation.
We provide consistent and reliable services across the globe through our managed programs and Collection Network.
Our services include:
- Drug and Alcohol testing
- Occupational Health Services
- Guidance, advice and policy writing
- Accredited training and awareness courses.
About Intelligent Fingerprinting
Launched in August 2017, Intelligent Fingerprinting’s portable Drug Screening System works by analyzing the sweat from a fingerprint sample. It is non-invasive, fast and cost-effective – screening for multiple drug groups simultaneously (currently amphetamines, cannabis, cocaine and opiates) with sample collection taking seconds and results in minutes. A laboratory confirmation service is also available.
The system is currently being marketed to the criminal justice arena, drug rehabilitation services, offender management, workplace and occupational health services. It is currently available for forensic use only in the US. The technique has potential for many other uses including healthcare diagnostics and homeland security applications.
Founded in 2007, Intelligent Fingerprinting is a spin-out company from the University of East Anglia (UEA). The company is based in Cambridge, England and currently employs around 30 people. www.intelligentfingerprinting.com Twitter @iFingerprinting