Back to Vacancies
Senior Development Scientist
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior scientist to lead the development of Intelligent Fingerprinting products. All activities will be conducted in line with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Regular communications with the Development Director and other development team members.
- Responsible for delivering projects to agreed timelines.
- Leading the design, development and optimisation of lateral flow-based assays, assay components, detection substrates, protein conjugates.
- Developing methods for protein purification and stabilisation.
- Working in collaboration with other members of the development team through a cascade of similar objectives agreed with the line manager.
- Must maintain an excellent awareness of assay development and knowledge of QC, verification and validation testing, manufacturing, ISO 13485 and health and safety.
- A high degree of troubleshooting activities will be involved.
- Implementing third party supplier contracts for critical reagents and writing manufacturing handover documentation.
- Responsible for customer pilot projects, proof-of-principle experiments or demonstrations as needed.
- Preparation of SOPs, records, published materials, reports and posters.
- Attendance at offsite meetings and conferences.
The successful candidate will be open and communicative, with a focused, methodical approach and a high attention to detail. This person will also maintain a highly proactive approach for aiding in the delivery of projects to agreed timescales.
- Candidates must have significant product development experience in clinical immunoassays gained within the regulated immunodiagnostic products industry, ideally in the development of lateral flow based products.
- Experience of working within smaller, entrepreneurial ventures is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of development, quality systems/ISO 13485, verification and validation testing, manufacturing, and regulatory requirements, along with a minimum of two years’ supervisory experience, is very desirable.
- Candidates should have a PhD in a biological sciences discipline or a minimum of 2 years’ commercial assay development experience.
- Driving licence
- Permission to work in UK
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role, then please apply now with your CV and a covering email to email@example.com (no agencies please)
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion