The successful candidate will be a member of the multi-disciplinary Production Team and will be involved in adhoc production activities and routine manufacturing. Additionally, the role provides key technical input in product transfer and production troubleshooting as required.
This position, as a member of the Production Team, is specifically responsible for assisting with the manufacture of Intelligent Fingerprinting products to the relevant quality standards. This will include the following:
- Receiving goods, conducting quality checks and moving the goods into their appropriate location.
- Preparing buffers, other reagents and setting up equipment in the lab.
- Calculating the volumes for dilution of reagents and further diluting the reagents using pipettes.
- Verification of pipettes, deionised water and balances.
- Recording lab temperatures and humidity daily.
- Following our daily and weekly cleaning routines and also maintenance of lab equipment.
- Working to deadlines, with good time management skills.
- Assisting in the manufacture of components and products.
- Assisting in the maintenance of appropriate stock levels and contributing to the management of the proper flow of goods at all stages of manufacturing.
- Completing manufacturing batch records and related documentation.
- Working to Intelligent Fingerprinting standards and core values at all times
Essential skills and abilities
- Shows proactivity in day-to-day tasks.
- Knows how their role fits in with the whole process.
- Acknowledges the importance of high standards and works to get things right first time, every time.
- Knowledge of Windows and Office-based applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Good attendance record.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
Qualifications and experience required
- Good basic education, ideally including a science qualification at GCSE or A level (or equivalents).
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are an absolute requirement, with GSCE (or equivalent) qualifications in both English and Maths at minimum Level 4/Grade C.
- Proven ability to perform simple tasks with the highest accuracy and repeatability.
- Permission to work in the UK.
Interested? If you have the required skills and experience and are interested in joining our dynamic team, then please apply now with a CV and covering email to email@example.com, or call us on 01223 941941 for further information (no agencies please).
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of applying then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.